POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aftermath revisited : Re: Aftermath revisited: proof of concept Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aftermath revisited: proof of concept
From: clipka
Date: 1 Sep 2013 18:15:08
Message: <5223bc6c@news.povray.org>
Am 01.09.2013 13:35, schrieb Thomas de Groot:

>> I think the lightning has a place - but farther in the distance.
>> Maybe with a
>> bit more yellow coloration?
>
> Maybe. In any case it is already yellow but could be more. Tests needed.

Don't.

Lightning bolts are exactly /how/ hot? Some 20-30 kK, right? Color
temperature (i.e. the visible portion of the corresponding blackbody
radiation) doesn't get any more blue than that. And with the air being
turned into a plasma, emission from electron energy state changes within
individual atoms plays only a minor role compared to the thermal
emissions from free electrons and ions.