POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : invisable but reflecting : Re: invisable but reflecting Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: invisable but reflecting
From: Pete
Date: 15 Nov 2000 21:58:55
Message: <522.353T1495T12424216PeterC@nym.alias.net>
Jerome M. Berger wrote:

>       Or else he used a bounding box to make the middle sphere visible from
>the mirror but not the camera

        Yup.  That's what I did.  I put the bounding sphere for the
red sphere around the *reflecting* sphere.  This works (as you saw)
but I am not entirely happy with it because it clobbers the shadow.
It would be cool for the invisable sphere to cast a shadow as well
as being reflected in the mirror.
        BTW, that was done in (official) Povray 3.1, no fancy MEGA
tricks.

Pete