POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Aug 2013 15:31:14
Message: <521cfe82@news.povray.org>
On 27/08/2013 7:22 PM, Fractracer wrote:
> Yes, I know, but this DOS is not a real DOS, try to launh a program like
> Fractint, it can't run.

Yes, Fractint is 16 bit and support for that went out the window
(intended) quite a while ago. For the little it's worth. Somewhere I
have a calculator that boasts that it is 4 bit.

Another not interesting fact: It was when reading the Fractint
documentation, in '98, that I came across a reference to Pov-Ray. I
downloaded it and have never looked back.
While looking up Fractint, to check. I came across ChaosPro, Damn your
eyes (in the nicest possible way, of course ;-) ) and I have spent too
much time playing with it and still am.

--
Regards
     Stephen