POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aftermath revisited : Re: Aftermath revisited: proof of concept Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aftermath revisited: proof of concept
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Aug 2013 10:14:19
Message: <521b62bb$1@news.povray.org>
On 25-8-2013 1:26, Samuel Benge wrote:
> My eye is inexorably drawn to the craft's texture near the waterline, however.
> It seems the wind lapping at the murky water would leave a stain on the hull.

This is extremely difficult to do because of the pigment_patterned
texture resulting from the proximity macro used. I cannot use a layered
texture (impossible over a patterned texture) and I cannot average it
with a partially transparent texture which makes the end product
semi-transparent.

At present, I am at a loss how to do this correctly.

Thomas