POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mouth ulcers and chocolate : Re: Mouth ulcers and chocolate Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mouth ulcers and chocolate
From: clipka
Date: 24 Aug 2013 19:00:06
Message: <52193af6@news.povray.org>
Am 25.08.2013 00:24, schrieb Warp:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> *sigh*
>
>> That's precisely one of the most persistent lies that creationists spout
>> all the time (in order to try to give more credibility to their own
>> position.)
>
> I apologize for snapping like that. It's just that creationists irk me
> to no end. I have had lengthy conversations with young earth creationists
> both online and in real life, and their insincerity and stubborness just
> drives me crazy. They are exactly in the same league as the worst
> conspiracy theorists.

One simple recommendation:

Don't.

I mean, have lengthy conversations with them.

Their model of the world differs from any scientific model by the
inclusion of the fundamental axiom that their model is built on
irrefutable axioms (vs. the scientific fundamental axiom that /any/
model is inherently wrong, as it is just a model), so you simply
/cannot/ convice them, nor can they convince you (or so I hope ;-)), so
what's the point?