POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Exam results : Re: Exam results Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exam results
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 24 Aug 2013 03:51:20
Message: <521865f8$1@news.povray.org>
>> I still believe that a qualification - ANY qualification - should have a
>> fixed set of requirements, and anybody who meets those gets the
>> qualifications, regardless of what anybody else did in the same year.
>
> That would works only for "Hard-sciences".
> Litteracy, Poetry, Philosophy, artistic performance, and plenty of other
> evaluations would still be subject to the appreciation of the evaluating
> jury.

LOL "Litteracy". Irony, much? ;-)

I still think it's dubious that one should be able to get a
_qualification_ in something which is highly subjective. I mean, sure,
*everything* has some level of subjectiveness in it. But having a
qualification in "being able to draw really pretty pictures" is far too
vague; beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Qualifications need to be
based on something more objective. (And, indeed, art degrees are usually
based mostly on technical skill rather than artistic merit.)