POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Exam results : Re: Exam results Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exam results
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Aug 2013 01:50:02
Message: <5218498a@news.povray.org>
Le 23/08/2013 20:44, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
>>> The problem with distributing grades along a bell curve, like that, is
>>> that in years where the class is full of genies, someone who has an
>>> otherwise good grasp of the theory ends up with a C, and years when the
>>> class is full of morons, you give an A to someone who doesn't merit one.

If you want to really be able to compare grade along years, the only
sure way would be to have all the classes (even 10 years after diploma)
to take (or retake) the same test. Due to the burden, you could end up
with a test every 5 years instead of one each season.
But it would provides accurate comparable values.
Let's have a national evaluation week !

> I still believe that a qualification - ANY qualification - should have a
> fixed set of requirements, and anybody who meets those gets the
> qualifications, regardless of what anybody else did in the same year.

That would works only for "Hard-sciences".
Litteracy, Poetry, Philosophy, artistic performance, and plenty of other
evaluations would still be subject to the appreciation of the evaluating
jury.