POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aftermath revisited : Re: Aftermath revisited Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aftermath revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Aug 2013 03:03:21
Message: <52170939@news.povray.org>
On 22-8-2013 21:06, MichaelJF wrote:
> More dramatic, but I like it better. There is a bit too much white in the sky
> IMO. I suggest to make it even more dramatic adding one of your poles to the
> right of the time machine and striking it with a lighting bolt. That should
> illuminate Tina better as a side effect. In fact I recogniced the raptor first.

The white in the sky is difficult to control: it is the combination of
sunlight and the media, and it would make the scene even darker I think.
I leave that for the time being but might return to that later.

Lightning is an interesting idea indeed but I would prefer to keep it in
the right background. I shall see what I can do.

> And for the grass issue I have only the idea to use Gill's grass instead of
> Rune's trick in the foreground (up to the stem laying across). In the background
> Rune's grass can still survive IMO. That will slow down the rendering a bit, but
> with your machine it should not prolong it for days. Hm, depends on the
> radiosity settings, focal blur and others issues. Than it can prolong it for
> days...

Rune's grass is not so good in the foreground although quite acceptable
as things go. Gille's grass is an excellent alternative there. Good idea.

The render time was now 3.5 hours against the 15 minutes of the previous
version with the image_map as sky. Using +wt6. I can certainly survive
more. ;-)

Thomas