POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming Competition (US only) : Re: Programming Competition (US only) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming Competition (US only)
From: scott
Date: 22 Aug 2013 03:10:00
Message: <5215b948$1@news.povray.org>
> If you're based in the US the competition is currently running to win some Nexus
> 10s and an Alienware laptop. http://www.infoq.com/coderally/index.html

I've just got the installation package downloading (very slowly...) - it
wasn't working at all last night ("Waiting for public.dhe.ibm.com...").

A couple of points. The license agreement text was blank, I agreed
anyway :-) Also last night I "registered" with my google account and
chose a username "scott" which luckily was available. However as the
download didn't work I had to try again this morning, it asked me to
sign in with my google account, but then asked again to choose a
username. Obviously "scott" was already in use now, and I saw no option
to log-in rather than re-regsiter to get at the download... So I'm
"scott2" now :-)