POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming Competition (US only) : Re: Programming Competition (US only) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming Competition (US only)
From: scott
Date: 21 Aug 2013 02:40:14
Message: <521460ce@news.povray.org>
> My work's running a programming competition and I've been playing around using
> POV to visualise my AI's debug information. The game is to write some java code
> to play a racing game. (Think simpler non-violent robocode.) I took the track
> image from the game and added the bubbles to show where the checkpoints are and
> the red and yellow balls show my first pass at a racing line. Not the most
> efficient visualisation but pretty :-)

Ooh very interesting - that's right up my street :-) Shame that it's
only for US residents, and also that it's only running for another month
and I'm on holiday for 2 weeks of that :-( After the competition ends,
will there still be a leaderboard, just without prizes? In which case I
might be interested just for the sake of it.

Given the spread in fastest times so far it doesn't look like there's
many optimised solutions.