POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Manna Machine : Re: Manna Machine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:31:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Manna Machine
From: James Holsenback
Date: 20 Aug 2013 06:37:20
Message: <521346e0$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/19/2013 04:27 PM, Samuel Benge wrote:
> "Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Has anyone ever built one of these in RL?

not that I know of ... supposedly that's what the Jews used to produce
food for the journey across the desert. legend of course as far as I'm
concerned.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manna_Machine
> "It is said by Sassoon and Dale that a nuclear reactor used to power the manna
> machine was stored in the Ark of the Covenant."

yes and we all know what happened to that soldier when he opened the lid
... good thing dr jones closed his eye's

> It sounds dangerous to be playing with radiactive materials... like piling them
> up to get a larger reaction. It was said that Moses' face was tanned (highly
> bronzed) after speaking to God... I hope that thing was made out of a very dense
> metal, like lead, or gold....

the recovered device has been moved to the lab and cleaned up ... still
can't find the on/off switch ;-)