POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aftermath revisited : Re: Aftermath revisited Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aftermath revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Aug 2013 03:51:26
Message: <52131ffe$1@news.povray.org>
On 19-8-2013 20:55, MichaelJF wrote:
> Your new image is a real improvement to the first. But there are still some
> things I don't comprehend. I think you have not used focal blur here since the
> foreground seems to be not blurred within the whole image, but the sky has an
> overall blurred look. That departs the picture in a way. I think the clouds -
> even after a deep impact of a meteroid - should look more like clouds - may be
> darker. Hope, I will not see this in RL.

I agree with you. The sky is a hdri map obtained first in a scene by
Mick Hazelgrove. Somehow, the map results in a blurred sky. THis is
something I need to look into; such maps may not be the best choices for
these kind of scenes. Using Mick's original sky code would be better of
course but would also tremendously increase render times. I have to
consider, or maybe if somebody has a smart suggestion? ;-)

There are a number of natural catastrophic events which may happen and
wipe out humanity. Fortunately they are very rare but statistically they
can happen in a not so foreseeable future :-)

> Tina Chep seems to have not expected this scene wearing sun glasses and a belly
> top;-)

Time travel is a hot business :-)

Thomas