POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) : Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before)
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Aug 2013 15:30:30
Message: <52127256@news.povray.org>
On 18/08/2013 11:26 PM, Shay wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> Well you are not alone, I once got 3-3-3.  There is one member, who
>> entered the IRTC as well. Often gave those sort of scores to images he
>> found displeasing.
>>

> Care to give a hint who that member is?

No, not really. ;-)

It is not, IMO, the right thing to do.

> I went back and looked at the scores of the past few rounds to get a good idea
> of an average score (for what it's worth, 12-12.5). The worst I saw was a Topic
> score of 2 for Iron Lady in the Woman round. I assume this was a political
> remark.

Well, I started to mirror his scoring to me, to him and I think that
worked. Especially after I became Admin of the site. :-)

> Maybe you should give every voter an average of what he gave the other images.
> Might slow some of that down. Heck, you might be better off just giving the win
> to whoever posts the most comments.

Now that is a very good idea but would be hard to implement, fairly.

> As far as Technical, you're right, I don't understand what TDG does with his
> many programs, and most current POVvers don't understand what goes in to
> hand-coding.

Yeah, both Thomas and I agree that a "one score for all" would be
better. That, I hope, will come soon. First we want to get the second
Challenge up and running then we can fine tune everything.

> Quickie image creators want to see quickie-image posts, masochists want to see
> other masochists' posts, and either group will find justifications for
> dismissing the other. No changing that.

How true but when we get a second Challenge up and running (which should
be very soon) we can cater for both.

> I expect a 5 or worse for Topic and
> (even after >100 hours of work) wouldn't be surprised to receive the same for
> Technical.

There is no pleasing some folk. I promise that I will give you a bit
more than 5 for both. Although I'm not sure about "on topic". :-P

--
Regards
     Stephen