POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) : Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before)
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Aug 2013 15:49:18
Message: <520e823e@news.povray.org>
On 16/08/2013 6:45 PM, MichaelJF wrote:
> Yes, I know. We had a discussion about the technical score at the TC forum
> resulting in that it should not be deleted. My personal opion has not changed.
> With TC RTC all other systems to generate CG are accepted and a comparison of
> technical difficulties is not possible. Ives uses Autodesk software, Normand has
> it's own Java Open GL software and you cannot judge their technical
> difficulties. So the technical score should go IMO.

Let's leave that discussion for later. We are testing some changes to
the site, just now. It looks like we will be able to run two Challenges
at the same time. And we will be able to set our own start and end
dates. Nor will we be limited to the list of book titles in the "vote
for the next topic". Once we have the mechanics sorted out we can look
t0wards fixing some other things.

> To address the "not meeting the topic" issuue: my rubber duck image contains a
> certain element of geologe called "water";-)  No, I will not have it into the
> contest.

You could upload it to the Animation section to help test. The Animation
section will soon be the new Challenge 2 Stills section.
Be aware that the section is being tested and may close and reopen as
another contest.

> But my wife will have a cup with the inscription of "Mom is the best"
> or something like that. So I may open an account at Zazzle next days

It is a great image, a happy image.

--
Regards
     Stephen