POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Aug 2013 00:25:46
Message: <520c584a$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:55:21 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> On 8/13/2013 4:13 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I don't know - I see this all the time and wonder myself what it is
>> about cutesy naming on legislation, as if "PATRIOT Act" were some sort
>> of marketing name so people could say of those who don't support it
>> that they're "not patriotic".  Stupid BS way of drafting legislation -
>> but then again, legal documents always are overblown, wordy, and often
>> written to obfuscate what's actually in them.
>>
> Not to mention business contracts, legal documents in general, and the
> part of most employee handbooks that explain just how totally screwed
> you are, now that you where dumb enough to get hired by someone.

Well, yeah - I'm having to review a couple of NDAs I'm under right now,
just to be able to talk intelligently about them during a couple
interviews I have coming up later in the week.

I've been told by people in the legal profession that I have a pretty
good instinct for that stuff - if I had more ambition, I'd probably go to
law school myself, but I don't want to work *that* hard. ;)

Jim