POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 14 Aug 2013 23:53:13
Message: <520c50a9$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/13/2013 3:25 PM, Shay wrote:

> "Patrick Elliott" <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>
>> Aaaargghh! You honestly think you get "less" corruption, and less
>> authoritarianism, when your 3-4 extra departments have to "negotiate"
>> with each other to get things done, and you can sneak things in,
>> without the public knowing, so that agency A has its power extended,
>> while the public is being distracted with something that B, C, D and E
>> are doing?
>
> Again, you're arguing against Libertarianism by criticizing government!!!
>

>> Its hardly a bloody wonder libertarians don't have any answers, they
>> can't even grasp how things are screwed up as they are now, never mind
>> how to actually fix them, without f-ing over literally everyone that
>> does need a service, in the process "of" fixing them.
>
> Libertarians don't want to fix ANYONE. That's the entire *point* of
> Libertarianism. I think you need to do some reading.
>

>> I think I have had about enough at this point. You seem to have
>> endless complaints, fears, and endless distrust, but your solution
>> amounts to nothing more than, "Get rid of it all, and everything
>> somehow magically fixes itself." It wasn't even "good" science
>> fiction, but its supposed to apply to the real world? lol
>
> We're better off with less authority in the hands of more people.
> There's nothing magical about it. This is the principal America was
> founded on before we all started trying to "fix" each other. And I don't
> fear government, I fear an unrestrained majority of people who "know
> better than I do."
>
> ps. The regulation you're so fond of? What you don't know--and may never
> fully realize unless you run a business--is that regulation is like a
> poll tax: it's a speed bump to the rich, a road block to the middle
> class, and a BRICK WALL to the poor. Regulation is necessary to protect
> our shared resources, but regulation has to be minimal because it
> INCREASES INCOME INEQUALITY. Think some of these things through before
> you start deciding what's best for your neighbors.

Sigh.. You need to read more, and better. You keep coming up with
assumptions about what I am saying, and why, that bare no resemblance at
all, to anything other than what you *want* me to have said.

Still.. How the hell is "regulation" what causes income equality? Pretty
damn sure that sound a lot like the total bullshit you get where someone
making more money that bloody god says, "Oh, waaaah! I am making more
than anyone else ever has, and cheating my way out of more taxes in the
process, than the robber barons of the industrial revolution ever did,
but all those regulations are **forcing** me to take a $10 million
dollar bonus, while firing 10,000 people, cutting the hours of the rest,
and lowering their pay caps!" Its weapons grade bullshit, and, at this
point, I really don't care what imaginary justifications you have for
thinking otherwise, since, like above, with the whole, "how is current
government a problem with libertarianism", BS, you won't bother to
understand my point, or maybe just can't.

Hint: My attack on libertarianism wasn't about having 3-4 agencies are
stumbling all over each other, it was the bloody stupid ass "fix" people
like you would support, which is to gut them all, so they can't even do
as piss poor a job as they already do, then point fingers at someone
else, and whine, "It wasn't me!", when that screws things up even worse.