POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) : Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before)
From: Shay
Date: 13 Aug 2013 21:25:46
Message: <520adc9a$1@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote in message

> Wow! that is a masterpiece, I now feel like I need to purchase a 6ft
> monitor so
> I can really appreciate all the detail without the need to scroll down.
> Aside
> from the obvious amount of time/effort that has gone into the pagoda the
> atmospheric effects with the clouds/media really add to the image and are
> also
> fantastic.

Thank you very much. Time and effort went into those too.

> My only criticism is you should have saved it for the CSG sub-round as I
> don't
> think anything could beat it (that is if a hand-coded mesh would be
> allowed in
> this round?).

I would hope not, that would allow height-fields. Isosurfaces would allow
elaborate fractals. Bezier prisms would allow vector art. Blobs would allow
... blobs.
At least those four should be excluded, I think.

To the best of my knowledge, as long as POV-Ray's been around, TOR is the
only one to have posted Villarceau circles, and I was only recently the
first to post something like the recent 'CSG Challenge' shape. I think
there's still plenty of room to explore "normal" CSG.

 -Shay