POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Shay
Date: 13 Aug 2013 18:25:45
Message: <520ab269$1@news.povray.org>
"Patrick Elliott" <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

> Aaaargghh! You honestly think you get "less" corruption, and less
> authoritarianism, when your 3-4 extra departments have to "negotiate" with
> each other to get things done, and you can sneak things in, without the
> public knowing, so that agency A has its power extended, while the public
> is being distracted with something that B, C, D and E are doing?

Again, you're arguing against Libertarianism by criticizing government!!!

> Its hardly a bloody wonder libertarians don't have any answers, they can't
> even grasp how things are screwed up as they are now, never mind how to
> actually fix them, without f-ing over literally everyone that does need a
> service, in the process "of" fixing them.

Libertarians don't want to fix ANYONE. That's the entire *point* of
Libertarianism. I think you need to do some reading.

> I think I have had about enough at this point. You seem to have endless
> complaints, fears, and endless distrust, but your solution amounts to
> nothing more than, "Get rid of it all, and everything somehow magically
> fixes itself." It wasn't even "good" science fiction, but its supposed to
> apply to the real world? lol

We're better off with less authority in the hands of more people. There's
nothing magical about it. This is the principal America was founded on
before we all started trying to "fix" each other. And I don't fear
government, I fear an unrestrained majority of people who "know better than
I do."

ps. The regulation you're so fond of? What you don't know--and may never
fully realize unless you run a business--is that regulation is like a poll
tax: it's a speed bump to the rich, a road block to the middle class, and a
BRICK WALL to the poor. Regulation is necessary to protect our shared
resources, but regulation has to be minimal because it INCREASES INCOME
INEQUALITY. Think some of these things through before you start deciding
what's best for your neighbors.