POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 13 Aug 2013 17:31:05
Message: <520aa599$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/12/2013 5:17 PM, Shay wrote:

> "Patrick Elliott" <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>>
>> EFFECTIVE government, not just bloody smaller. What do people not get
>> about that idea?
>
> More efficient while at the same time more authoritarian, and somehow
> exempt from corruption.
> Have I got it now?
>
> Why can't the rest of us have such logical goals?
Aaaargghh! You honestly think you get "less" corruption, and less
authoritarianism, when your 3-4 extra departments have to "negotiate"
with each other to get things done, and you can sneak things in, without
the public knowing, so that agency A has its power extended, while the
public is being distracted with something that B, C, D and E are doing?

Its hardly a bloody wonder libertarians don't have any answers, they
can't even grasp how things are screwed up as they are now, never mind
how to actually fix them, without f-ing over literally everyone that
does need a service, in the process "of" fixing them.

I think I have had about enough at this point. You seem to have endless
complaints, fears, and endless distrust, but your solution amounts to
nothing more than, "Get rid of it all, and everything somehow magically
fixes itself." It wasn't even "good" science fiction, but its supposed
to apply to the real world? lol