POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) : The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before)
From: Shay
Date: 13 Aug 2013 14:55:57
Message: <520a813d@news.povray.org>
It is ever the case that even the strictest occupations of logic are
discharged with some modicum of faith and likewise the most ardent
occupations of faith with some modicum of logic. It is therefore that no
inarguable effect of pristine logic or faith has yet been recorded. Their
combined effect is, however, generally accepted and well documented.

The matter in which logic and faith readily coalesce to a demonstrable
composite effect is observable in the form and fortitude of the flame-like
bronze construction (suien – lit. “water flame”) present near the top of the
pagoda finial (sorin). The sorin functions as a lightning rod, and the
“water flame” as a literal and symbolic ward against fire. Here now, the
suien stands resolutely in the path of an approaching storm, and here yet,
the pagoda remains, a stalwart testimonial to engineering and superstition,
enduring a primordial offense.

If you're under 100-years-old and aren't familiar with the tc-rtc, you might
be wondering why I'm "talking" like that. Check it out. There are currently
16 entries, all celebrating a 19th-century textbook. I am fond of the
writing style.

Anyone can register to comment or vote, so if you'd like to see and comment
on what amounts to two-months-worth of quality p.b.i uploads -or- if I've
pissed you off in p.o-t and you want to give my entry all 1s, go to the site
and have a look around. http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/

This is my entry. It's cropped for the tc-rtc. It's meant to be cropped. As
a still, it's better cropped. But I'm giving you the full scrollbar-driven
animated tour. Hand-coded on my Model(er)-M.

-Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pagoda1.jpg' (550 KB)