POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Aug 2013 19:09:56
Message: <52096b44$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:30:24 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> ... Right.. Because it was so clear this is what was being talked about.
> Seriously though.. At the bare minimum, I would say, if you plan to not
> put pressure on other nations to do something sane, then you need to
> make sure you a) never have anyone sneaking in, b) your own people *are*
> vaccinated, and c) that to even enter the country "requires" they meet
> the same basic medical requirements to even get in.

The problem here is that you're aiming for a 100% solution.  But nothing
is ever 100% certain - that's life.

As evidenced by the current state of "homeland security" in US airports.

When you get to 100% security, you have no freedom.  So you have to
balance the two, and the debate is about finding the right balance.

Jim