POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 12 Aug 2013 18:30:24
Message: <52096200$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/11/2013 11:17 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 08:26:48 -0500, Shay wrote:
>
>> "Patrick Elliott" <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>>> Hmm. I am not going to defend Warp's spiral into poor defense of an
>>> argument, but, I will toss in my two cents. "Mandatory Public
>>> Education".
>>
>> Not the same thing. /My/ state requires I feed and educate my child, at
>> least, once he's born. The education requirements are actually quite
>> modest.
>> That the alternatives are not better accepted is society's problem, not
>> the state's. It's even conceivable that my national government could
>> require I vaccinate my child, though that would, if it were done legally
>> (your lot have pushed us nearly into mob rule), require a Constitutional
>> amendment.
>>
>> This is much different than going to another country and locking up
>> /their/ children between 5 and 18-years-old.
>
> Yep, this. :)
>
> Jim

... Right.. Because it was so clear this is what was being talked about.
Seriously though.. At the bare minimum, I would say, if you plan to not
put pressure on other nations to do something sane, then you need to
make sure you a) never have anyone sneaking in, b) your own people *are*
vaccinated, and c) that to even enter the country "requires" they meet
the same basic medical requirements to even get in.

I mean, you do know there has been a rise in some things "thought to be"
nearly eradicated precisely because of both the increase of people from
certain areas, entering, combined with the insane anti-vax movement, right?

BTW, the super star of that BS, is now promoting e-cigs, presumably on
the theory that the same "dangerous substance" that causes "autism", in
her universe, is harmless if its used to smoke tobacco, but not if
injected in trace amounts.. Because, of course, an disproven connection
to autism is **much** worse than the nicotine which does have "proven"
effects on lung development, birth weight, etc., in babies... Sigh...