POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Warp
Date: 11 Aug 2013 15:31:04
Message: <5207e678@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> In conclusion:
> Getting rid of polio was a good thing. Yet, the method used then, could
> not be applied now. Both because we think different about human rights
> now *and* because the people you would want to vaccinate are thinking
> different.

This is, in fact, pretty much what I said in my original post in response
to the post about Gates foundation polio vaccination campaign in this
thread. In other words, that it's a pitty that it won't work like the
smallpox campaign did because the cultural zeitgeist has changed.

Many people will suffer, get crippled and even die because of stupid
superstition as well as changed notions in political correctness. People
who wouldn't need to suffer. Humanity is stupid.

--
                                                          - Warp