POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Shay
Date: 11 Aug 2013 09:26:52
Message: <5207911c$1@news.povray.org>
"Patrick Elliott" <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Hmm. I am not going to defend Warp's spiral into poor defense of an
> argument, but, I will toss in my two cents. "Mandatory Public Education".

Not the same thing. /My/ state requires I feed and educate my child, at
least, once he's born. The education requirements are actually quite modest.
That the alternatives are not better accepted is society's problem, not the
state's. It's even conceivable that my national government could require I
vaccinate my child, though that would, if it were done legally (your lot
have pushed us nearly into mob rule), require a Constitutional amendment.

This is much different than going to another country and locking up /their/
children between 5 and 18-years-old.