POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: andrel
Date: 11 Aug 2013 05:37:33
Message: <52075B5C.8010509@gmail.com>
On 11-8-2013 0:08, Warp wrote:
>> I tell you something sick:
>
>> Here in Germany, some decades ago there was a huge campaign pro Iodine:
>> To fight hypothyreosis, people were encouraged to use salt with added
>> Iodine, companies were encouraged to add Iodine to their food products,
>> and farmers were encouraged to add Iodine to the food of their
>> livestock. All for the good of the people, especially (but not limited
>> to) those suffering from undiagnosed hypothyreosis.
>
> Surely you can now point out how the polio vaccine is likewise dangerous,
> and should therefore not be administered worldwide?
>
> Do you see your "thing X is dangerous, therefore thing Y probably is too"
> fallacy here?

Clipka is mainly telling a story. Just to explain his position. Which
is about forced medication/vaccination. There is no claim anywhere that
polio vaccines are dangerous or even 'probably' dangerous.

Which means that what you did put in quotes was not in his text, just in
your mind. Do I need to remind you what it is called if you attack not
what someone said but your own exaggeration of that?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.