POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 11 Aug 2013 00:10:09
Message: <52070ea1$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/9/2013 8:26 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 19:31:09 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

>>> It seems not - sorry, it's been a rough couple of days for me. :/
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>
>> Yeah, missed it too, but, in my case, because this is *actually* one of
>> the bullshit arguments I hear from a lot of people (interestingly, quite
>> a few of which are libertarians).
>
> That's the sign of a good poe, though.
>
> Jim

Actually, one of the sites one which that concept was coined now bans
its use. The reason being that bad, stupid, pointlessly mad, arguments
are so common, from certain sorts of people, there, that its impossible
to tell when someone is, in fact, joking, and when they are serious, and
therefor address the serious ones. It is a victim, in effect, of its own
success, since, you can't combat stupid, by labeling every single such
thing that gets posted as, 'There is no way this guy is serious." lol