POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Shay
Date: 10 Aug 2013 18:11:50
Message: <5206baa6@news.povray.org>
news:5206b7cf@news.povray.org...

> I would really like to see you explain to a mother whose child has been
> crippled for life because of polio the reason why there is still polio
> in the world. "Yeah, sorry, we could have eradicated this disease years
> ago, but we didn't because, you see, our moral sensibilities take
> precedence."

I would like to see you explain to a mother whose child has been blown in
half by a terminator drone the reason why wealth and power are so
concentrated in the world that the powerless majority are herded and
slaughtered like livestock. "Yeah, sorry, we keep those guys around in case
we have to forcibly vaccinate someone."