POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Aug 2013 18:00:49
Message: <5206b811$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 17:48:16 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> > Nowhere have I said that your argument is wrong because of what kind
>> > of person you are, or what you have done, or anything of the sorts.
>
>> You have
>
> And now you are also a liar. If you want to take that as an "ad hominem"
> then be my guest.

Stop being a jerk, Warp.

You have persistently engaged in personal attacks and character attacks
in trying to make your point.

You have said that holding an opposing view makes you sick.  You have
continually tried to twist what's being said so you can denigrate people
who disagree with you.

I'm calling you out on that.

If calling you out on saying the things that you have said makes me a
liar, then I guess that means you think I'm a liar.

Here are things that you have *specifically* said:

"You are both sick in the head, and you are making me sick."

"Do you disagree with the notion that eradicating smallpox from the world,
saving millions of lives, was a good thing?

Or would you rather sacrifice those millions of lives to your altar of
political correctness?

If you agree that those millions of lives were worth the worldwide
smallpox vaccination program, then you have not business in criticizing
the worldwide polio vaccination program, or else you are just a hypocrite.

If you don't agree that the millions of lives were worth the vaccination
program, then I don't even want to write the words that come to mind to
describe what you are, because it's nauseating to even think."

(Yes, the implication is there - "if you don't agree with what I'm
saying, then I don't even want to write the words that come to mind to
describe what you are" - you set up a strawman and knock it down by
implying that those who don't agree with you are sick.)

I said it before, and I'll say it again:  If you want to debate *on the
merits*, fine, let's debate on the merits.  If you're going to resort to
calling people who disagree with you "sick" and worse, then you don't
really have a very coherent argument to make.

Now, shall we try this again - and you can stop calling me names and
describing what kind of a person I am because I disagree with your
fundamental premise of forcibly vaccinating people against their will?

Jim