POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Aug 2013 22:29:13
Message: <5205a579$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2013 12:20 AM, scott wrote:
>> Except, of course, for all the people struggling to heat their homes,
>> put food on the table, buy new clothes, and all the other stuff you
>> mention.
>
> Indeed it's sad that we haven't reduced the number of people in that
> situation to 0%, but it's *a lot* better than the situation 100 years ago.

Even if true, this doesn't change the fact that, recently, things have
been getting "worse" not better, and the percentage of people who can't
afford to heat/cool their homes is "growing" not shrinking, pretty much,
in fact, since Reagan, trickle down economics, and the rasulting
escalation of a pay gap, along with, BTW, his, and numerous other
Republican presidents/congresses, "deregulation" of certain industries,
including laws like fair pay, and the like.