POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Warp
Date: 9 Aug 2013 19:40:20
Message: <52057de4@news.povray.org>
> Your logic here is "the ends justify the means".

The millions of saved lives justified the means. Yes.

> So I'll ask the question:  Do you believe that "the ends justify the
> means" is always a good argument?

Always? Of course not.

When it has been scientifically and empirically proven with absolute
certainty that the program will save millions of lives, then it is
perfectly justified.

Sacrificing millions of innocent lives just to not offend some people
is sickening.

--
                                                          - Warp