POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Ship : Re: Space Ship Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Ship
From: Alain
Date: 8 Aug 2013 14:27:20
Message: <5203e308@news.povray.org>

> On 1-8-2013 20:22, Alain wrote:

>>> Here a picture of a space ship - (this is a Worth In Pieces) - model of
>>> spaceship under wings3D and render with PovRay. Some works on lasers,
>>> textures...
>>>

>> Nice model.
>>
>> Those "lasers" are more like ion pulses.
>
> he is firing lasers not laser beams

Laser ARE beams. Laser beam is a pleonasm.
Laser can be pulsed, it only mean that the beam is not continous.
Next, in space, a laser would be invisible unless it have an astronomic
power level, I mean, in the multi peta-watt range...

Given the speed of light, even short, high frequency, laser pulses
should be *MUCH* longer and you should only be able to see one, maybe
two at most, unless your scene covers 10000 Km or more. Then, your ships
would be so small and far away from each other that you won't be able to
apreciate them.