POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worthy of a Portrait : Re: Worthy of a Portrait Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worthy of a Portrait
From: clipka
Date: 8 Aug 2013 10:15:57
Message: <5203a81d@news.povray.org>
Am 08.08.2013 13:38, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 8-8-2013 13:11, clipka wrote:
>> Two more versions. I'm not sure which lighting setup I like better - but
>> I do know that I'd really love to have MCPov's "render until I'm ok with
>> the noise" mode of operation right now... and/or faster SSLT, for that
>> matter.
>>
> I would prefer the first (0925) maybe with a tiny bit more fill-in on
> the right. The other one is a bit too flat to me.

Surprisingly enough, the first one uses a HDR light probe of an overcast
sky (albeit in a park with some trees around, so there is /some/
uniformity to the illumination), while the latter one uses a light probe
of a clear sky. (I suspect the creator of the probe didn't include a
shot with a short enough exposure time to capture the true brightness of
the sun; I'll try again with an added light.)

> Also, I am not too
> sure about the dof in that case. Too extreme for my taste.

I guess you're right. Then again, the acceptable dof might also depend
on how detailed the background is.