POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 8 Aug 2013 02:08:22
Message: <520335d6@news.povray.org>
On 8/7/2013 10:13 AM, andrel wrote:
> On 7-8-2013 2:29, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Its only not that bad **yet** because a) they do get government help, b)
>> they are working anything from 2, to in some insane cases, 5 jobs, at
>> anything from 50-90 hours a week, and c) everyone shops at walmart,
>> k-mart, and.. all the other "big corp" companies, whose workers are all
>> the same, "minimum wage, but we can only give you 15 hours this week",
>> jobs, which result in people having 2, 3, 4, or more of them.
>
> One of the things I like in the western economy is that CEO's need to
> earn a huge salary because they 1) work a lot, sometimes even during
> their dinners and 2) because they don't have the job security as normal
> people. And probably 3) because they need a lot of time to keep up with
> developments in the real world.

lol Wow.. Really? They need 20x as much money, or more, than it takes to
buy, pay the taxes on, and fill their houses with the same crap everyone
else does, because they "work harder"? Yeah.. Those single parents, who
have to make up for the fact that they still have nearly the same net
costs are a two parent home, with both working, and thus work 70-80
hours a week, and hasn't had a vacation in 10 years, while he CEO is
sitting on a beach some place, are working so much less hard than the CEO..

Seriously, as just on example, one of the damned "bosses" I have is
supposed to be there 10 hours a day, 4 days out of the week, but is
often there for 12-13 hours instead **and** he is a closer, so doesn't
have to deal with customers much, or any of the other things the day
managers have to deal with. The reason for him being there 12-13 hours a
day, instead of 8, which one of the "non-managers" when they close
manages to get things done it, while dealing with the same customer
issues, the same in store issues, the same stocking issues, inventory
management, and so on, is because, unlike every other bloody manager I
have worked with (who almost always left when the store closed) is
simply because he won't get off his ass and do his bloody work, until
after all the help has left, and then, I spent more damn time doing crap
the rest of them did themselves, for him, than he did.

More work, and harder.. Pull the other one, it has bells on.