POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: andrel
Date: 7 Aug 2013 13:13:44
Message: <5202803F.6040109@gmail.com>
On 7-8-2013 2:29, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Its only not that bad **yet** because a) they do get government help, b)
> they are working anything from 2, to in some insane cases, 5 jobs, at
> anything from 50-90 hours a week, and c) everyone shops at walmart,
> k-mart, and.. all the other "big corp" companies, whose workers are all
> the same, "minimum wage, but we can only give you 15 hours this week",
> jobs, which result in people having 2, 3, 4, or more of them.

One of the things I like in the western economy is that CEO's need to
earn a huge salary because they 1) work a lot, sometimes even during
their dinners and 2) because they don't have the job security as normal
people. And probably 3) because they need a lot of time to keep up with
developments in the real world.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.