POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Aug 2013 20:39:55
Message: <5201975b$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 17:06:50 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> On regulation: Regulations are bad, if they stifle my business, but
> good,
> if they stifle worker's rights.

Yep, just look at the recent problems with lack of regulation in Texas -
and then that Rick Perry is advertising in other states about how *easy*
it is to set up business in Texas because they don't have a lot of
regulation.

Yeah, they don't have a lot of regulation, just the highest capital
punishment rate and a bunch of dead people from an explosion that
would've probably been prevented by some sensible oversight and
regulation.

But who cares, it's just a few dead people, right?  Bring your CA/IL/NY
based business to Texas, because we care so little about regulation,
we're prepared to let people die so we don't have to have any.

m-/

Jim