POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Aug 2013 14:38:34
Message: <520142aa$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/08/2013 8:32 AM, scott wrote:

> Any evidence for that comment? Even in the last 40 years the poor have
> not been getting poorer:

You have to remember that poverty is relative. Coming up for 200 years
ago during the Irish famine. If you were one of the poor, having a metal
spoon was a luxury. Now if you have not got Sky or cable you are
deprived. I did not have a colour TV until the 1980's and no one thought
that was poverty. Although we have had colour transmission since the
late 70's.
As someone who has live through 40 years in the UK and then some. I
think that you are misguided, if not just plain wrong. No matter what
figures people come up with.

--
Regards
     Stephen