POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worthy of a Portrait : Re: Worthy of a Portrait Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worthy of a Portrait
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Aug 2013 07:53:33
Message: <5200e3bd@news.povray.org>
Thanks Christoph, I think I got it now with the following changes:

//--------------------------------------
#declare M_Iris =
material {
   texture {
     pigment {
       uv_mapping
       spherical
       pigment_map {
         [0.1  P_Iris_Shadowed]
         [0.2  P_Iris_A ]
         [0.4  P_Iris_A ]
         [0.5  P_Iris_B ]
         [0.6  P_Iris_B ]
         [0.65 P_Iris_Shadowed]
       }
       scale 0.37
       translate <0.99, 2.075, 0>
       warp { repeat 2*x }
       scale 0.25
     }
     finish { ambient 0 diffuse albedo 0.6 specular albedo 0 emission 0 }
   }
}
//--------------------------------------

While this works for SimonG2, tweaking may be probably be necessary for
the other figures.

Note that a brownish line around the iris may appear. This comes from
the sclera map and shows a little part of the original iris as the iris
mesh does not cover exactly the image (or vice versa). This can
relatively well be solved by scaling down and translating a tiny bit the
pigment in the sclera material. This is done in the present image.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'poserfiguretest.png' (409 KB)