POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worthy of a Portrait : Re: Worthy of a Portrait Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worthy of a Portrait
From: clipka
Date: 6 Aug 2013 06:00:04
Message: <5200c924$1@news.povray.org>
Am 06.08.2013 09:54, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Not as easy as I thought (naively) ;-)
>
> This is the best I can do presently using Poser's Simon, by commenting out:
>
> [0.2  P_Iris_Shadowed]
>
> in the material, otherwise the iris becomes totally black. Also, the
> texture is not right even then.
>
> This probably has to do with /how/ the iris is uv_mapped in the first
> place. I shall have to go back to the figure and work upwards to see
> where I need to tweak things.

The current DAZ people use a UV mapping scheme for the eye textures that
has the irises in the bottom left and bottom right quadrant (each one
almost filling the quadrant entirely), while the sclerae separately
occupy the top left and top right quadrant.

The Poser people (at least G2) instead use a scheme where the irises sit
amid the sclerae in the left and right half of the texture; thus the
irises are at a totally different place, and also a lot smaller.

This might help to get you started:

#declare M_Iris = material {
   texture {
     pigment {
       uv_mapping
       spherical
       pigment_map {
         [0.2  P_Iris_Shadowed]
         [0.3  P_Iris_A ]
         [0.4  P_Iris_A ]
         [0.5  P_Iris_B ]
         [0.6  P_Iris_B ]
         [0.65 P_Iris_Shadowed]
       }
       scale 0.5           // <-- each copy of the iris is smaller
       translate <1,2,0>   // <-- iris centers are at different y
       warp { repeat 2*x }
       scale 0.25
     }
     finish { ambient 0 diffuse albedo 0.6 specular albedo 0 emission 0 }
   }
}