POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Jar : Re: Glass Jar Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Jar
From: James Holsenback
Date: 3 Aug 2013 07:15:40
Message: <51fce65c$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/02/2013 05:32 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 02/08/2013 9:36 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
>> Well I'm calling this one final (except for the image size) ... photons,
>> area_light and subsurface (jelly beans) took 27hr 40min 45 sec. I was
>> using the system off and on so probably not a fair benchmark.
>>
>> Thanks y'all for the feedback, I'm happy how it turned out!
>
> That is very, very good. But could you do something about the jelly
> beans all being perfectly balanced, in  the same plane?

I dropped them vertical (points up and down) and that's how they settled
... they even oscillated back and forth before they settling. I had to
play around with mass and friction settings to keep them from scattering
all over the place. I suppose I could change the mass of /some/ of them
and maybe get a few to pile on top of the others, but I'm not sure the
shape (basically round) would behave that way naturally.