POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Unknown pixelation at high quality. : Re: Unknown pixelation at high quality. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:55:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unknown pixelation at high quality.
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Aug 2013 17:18:36
Message: <51fc222c$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/08/2013 11:37 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> you don't need to have a full life cycle of the belt completing
>> a full revolution.
>
> That's pretty much the way I have it.  Though I had to _move_ the odd-colored
> cone around a full revolution in order to get that sense of motion.

I did not think of that. A split thing  should do the same for mine. I
keep going back to it. It is not complicated enough, for me.

> That took some figuring.

That is the fun bit for me.

> The Belt moves around several times, but the counterweights on
> the cranksshaft have to make a full 360-degree revolution.

Yes something has to the full cycle.

>> It would be good but no shortcuts I think.
> I can probably just add a modifier to the belt motion to have it bounce up and
> down a little during the movement.

I would like to see that.

>>> Is there a reason to use png vs bmp for animation?
>>
>> File size.
>
> Computers do have a [delete] function.  ;D

Whoa! You're talking heresy there. I've lost more through system crashes
than I've ever backed up. ;-)

> Or you could just burn them off to DVD.

I've got a 3 Tb external drive now but old habits die hard.

> Does the bmp vs png source affect the final video size, or it its own
> independent format?

I don't know for sure, I would think so. I stopped using bmp after
someone, who will remain nameless, made a snarky comment about the noob
who was posting uncompressed files. They were a mean lot here, in the
old days. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen