POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Shay
Date: 2 Aug 2013 08:27:07
Message: <51fba59b$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot"  wrote in message news:51fb60ab$1@news.povray.org...
> - Ban the dumping of goods, food, etc in the third world.
> - Stop the IMF from dumping loans in the third world.
> - Critically assess what /exactly/ the net results of providing
> micro-credits are, and /how/ they are provided. All is not well there.
> - The western countries being the world leaders in armament production
> should stop exporting them (or dumping older versions). This is utopia, I
> know.
> - we have replaced colonialism by a subtle form of neocolonialism in some
> countries.

> I probably could go on a while by mentioning mineral resources...

That is a perfectly valid answer to the question as I asked it, but it
illustrates a difference in our vernaculars: I include NONE of the
organizations responsible for those policies when I say "we." The IMF et al.
are "they."

Not that I can completely deny my own culpability for *their* actions.

-Shay