POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Aug 2013 05:23:11
Message: <51fb7a7f$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/08/2013 10:34, Thomas de Groot a écrit :

> I have become rather sceptical (and cynical I am sorry to say) about all
> that easy talk about /helping/ the Third World. In most cases the rich
> countries get most out of it.

Please do not look at the financial aspect of most big charity organisation:

when small/start-up, may be 10 or 20% is spent on management,
advertisement, and other local (rich-country) posts.

But once big enough, it happens often than 80% of received money get
spent on structural posts ("we are big, we need a central office; we
need permanent staff; we need efficient advertisement to collect more
money; our directing board needs accommodations for planes & hotels
worldwide; we need to rent exposition centres to achieve better
knowledge of our actions in our donators... ")

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.