POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Shay
Date: 1 Aug 2013 14:38:30
Message: <51faab26@news.povray.org>
"Patrick Elliott"  wrote in message news:51faa419$1@news.povray.org...
> Uh, no.. Rising unemployment and income equality is the direct
> result of the wolves deciding the the rabbits where not enough,
> and they should be allowed to eat "everything".

We agree more than you think. Low-cost/no-cost goods (or labor) lead to a
loss of economic equilibrium. This is common to both our stories.

Some people in very unfortunate situations must undersell their goods or
labor. Remedies for this situation are not the subject of this thread.

I'm looking for others' views on our responsibility as comparatively rich
people with excess goods or labor to offer. Specifically, I'm interested in
what we are doing that we perhaps shouldn't, not what we aren't doing that
we perhaps should. So far, I'm not having much luck.

-Shay