POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: Shay
Date: 1 Aug 2013 10:07:33
Message: <51fa6ba5$1@news.povray.org>
"scott"  wrote in message news:51fa561a$1@news.povray.org...

>> People without a market for their labor or goods can't take their
>> "clothing money" and reallocate it to education or medicine.
>> They have
>> gone from almost no money to no money at all.

> ???

Read my last two sentences *together*.

An economy is like an ecosystem.
You might say, "if we kill off all the rabbits, the coyotes will eat the
rats."
But the foxes are eating the rats. I guess the foxes will eat the crickets.
But the robins are eating the crickets ...

Then you might say, "we're not killing the rabbits, we're adding more
rabbits."
I guess those new rabbits will eat crickets.
But the robins are eating the crickets ...

An economy, like an ecosystem, can survive a little turbulence (at least for
a while, history indicates ruin or violent revolution are inevitable).

However, too much turbulence will collapse the system. Rising unemployment
and income disparity are indicators that this is happening right now.

-Shay