POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mirroring coordinates : Re: Mirroring coordinates Server Time
14 May 2024 22:52:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mirroring coordinates
From: clipka
Date: 1 Aug 2013 02:24:38
Message: <51f9ff26@news.povray.org>
Am 31.07.2013 23:49, schrieb Bald Eagle:

> I guess my actual question is:
> (a) can this be done to objects, unions, etc.
> for example: [fake illustrative code]
> object(My_Object) * -1
> InvVector (My_Object), Mirror (My_Object) ... you get the idea.

Alain already mentioned the use of the scale keyword for that purpose.

> and/or

> (b) is there a way process an SDL file to switch from left handed to right
> handed world coordinates?

Yes: By defining all three of the "up", "right" and "direction" vectors
in the camera block you get full control over the coordinate system. The
following will give you a right-handed one:

     right      x*image_width/image_height
     up         y
     direction -z

or:

     right      x
     up         y*image_height/image_width
     direction -z

or:

     right      x*image_width
     up         y*image_height
     direction -z

but also (e.g.):

     right      x*image_width
     up         z*image_height
     direction  y

Note that besides specifying the handedness of the coordinate system
this also sets the camera's aspect ratio, hence the image_width and
image_height factors; it also initializes the camera orientation and
field of view, but you can override those using the look_at and angle
keywords.