POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : killeded : Re: killeded Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:50:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: killeded
From: Shay
Date: 31 Jul 2013 13:49:49
Message: <51f94e3d@news.povray.org>
"clipka"  wrote in message news:51f805df$1@news.povray.org...
> If not, maybe there is a tool running on the machine that automatically
> kills processes that are eating a lot of CPU power.

Looks like that's it. Linux-guru diagnosis points to the "OOM killer," a
process that kills other processes when Linux runs out of RAM. I can buy
more RAM, increase my swap partition, or remove some hidden objects from my
scene.

I'd go straight for the RAM if I KNEW it would solve the problem, but
that'll require travel, time, and head scratching with no guarantee of
results. I'll try to "fix" the scene tonight. Thanks for pointing me in the
right direction.

-Shay