POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interdimensional slices : Re: Interdimensional slices Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interdimensional slices
From: scott
Date: 29 Jul 2013 03:12:02
Message: <51f615c2$1@news.povray.org>
>> Why would they move in the other dimensions, if they are only moved in
>> our three or four?
>> What force would move them?
>
> Why would they *not* move in the other dimensions? Why would all forces
> just happen to be perpendicular to those dimension?

If there was ever any component of any force not wholly constrained
within our 3D "view" then surely this could be used to accelerate a mass
along one of these other dimensions which we would see as mass
disappearing (apart from any 4D GR stuff)?

Or, our idea of "mass" is somehow not telling us the whole story (dark
matter?).