POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : next feature, please... : Re: next feature, please... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: next feature, please...
From: clipka
Date: 29 Jul 2013 00:40:43
Message: <51f5f24b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.07.2013 21:11, schrieb Shay:
> So now file-format converters can be written in POV SDL?

Exactly :-)

> This should get at least fairly close. I don't remember what all POV can
> do with strings once it reads them.

Its string manipulation arsenal is actually painfully poor (as I noticed
when writing the syntax-highlighted version of the scene) - it doesn't
even have a "find in string" function, and the substr() function is a
PITA to use; but if you are willing to accept long parsing times the
built-in functions are sufficient to get you wherever you want to go.