POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interdimensional slices : Re: Interdimensional slices Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interdimensional slices
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jul 2013 07:28:38
Message: <51f50066$1@news.povray.org>
On 27-7-2013 20:34, Nekar Xenos wrote:

> What if time could have more dimensions? That would be interesting. A
> being in 2-dimensional time could see back and forth in our 1d time.

Just my two cents:

Consider a human being from birth till death. That whole continuum would
be a 4D being, with each observation of it a 3D representation. In fact,
what we observe at each instant of our life.

A 5D observer, if such exists, would see at a glance the 4D human being,
which we are unable to do.

So, no. Time is only one dimension, and to observe it you need a higher one.

Interesting discussion by the way.

Thomas