POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postcard from the Permian [wip 01] : Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 01] Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 01]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jul 2013 03:10:01
Message: <51f4c3c9$1@news.povray.org>
On 27-7-2013 19:28, MichaelJF wrote:
> Another fine one from you. Yes the sand needs some additional work. I propose to
> change the skin of the lizards slightly to contrast them more from the rocks.
> Not much, but may be a little bit more to green or orange or both.

The sand surface function has now been worked on, although I am still
not entirely satisfied. I am tweaking the texture, and I have added
little quartz grains to the surface.

Yes, the skin could be improved. I shall investigate; thanks!

> Are you trying to best Normand with the image count this round?

It looks like it, doesn't it? ;-)  This will be the only time though, I
guess. The theme is so much part of my daily life that the images just
spill out of my hands.

Thomas